Free Game Limits: Per our contractual agreement with the distributor of this game, players may only participate in 25 free, Warm-Up entries per day. If you haven't made a deposit to upgrade your account, then you would only be able to play up to 60 Warm-Up tournaments in SCRABBLE Cubes for the lifetime of your account. If you upgrade your account by making a deposit then you would be able to play 25 Warm-Up (Free) tournaments in SCRABBLE Cubes per day.
SCRABBLE Cubes is a skill-based version of Hasbro's SCRABBLE, where the player must take different letter tiles and combine them to make words and gain points. The player must use a generated cube of letter tiles to spell out words to earn points.
The objective of SCRABBLE Cubes is for the player to achieve the highest score possible within the 4-minute time limit of a single game. The player selects letter tiles to form 3 letters or more words, with the maximum number of letters depending on the mode. Each letter in a word is worth a certain number of points that add up once the word is created along with bonus points that are added depending on the length of the word in question. Some letter tiles are marked Triple Word, Triple Letter, Double Word, or Double Letter, which increases the point values of certain letters and words.
- Letter Cube: A Letter Cube refers to one side of a SCRABBLE cube with 3 outfacing letter tiles. The letters' point value, double or triple word bonus, is presented directly on the tile
- Letter Tray: The tray below the SCRABBLE Cube hosts each letter the player selects as they form words.
- Word List: The word list hosts every valid and invalid word with the respected point values.
- Submit: Submits words on the letter tray for game points.
- Undo: Undo the last action, such as removing a letter from the letter tray to return to the SCRABBLE Cube.
- Delete: Delete to remove all letters from the letter tray.
- Settings: Use the game settings drop-down menu to adjust audio settings and end the game early.
Letter tiles must touch adjacent tiles at the edge or corner to form words. An individual letter tile cannot be used more than once in each word.
Words must contain a minimum of 3 letters and no more than 8 letters long.
Only words in the official SCRABBLE Tournament Word List are permitted. The same restrictions used in SCRABBLE and other word games apply - no foreign words, proper nouns, abbreviations, slang, etc. You may only submit a particular word once per game, but you are free to submit plurals and other variants of the word.
Words are assessed in real time by the game dictionary. Invalid words will be rejected, and no points will be awarded. There is no scoring penalty for invalid words, but it wastes time on the clock. Choose your words carefully!
The game begins with 27 letter cubes. Each cube may be used 3 times to form a word during a single game. A cube is classified as used when 1, 2, or 3 of its letters are used to form words.
After the second time a cube is used, its outside edges will turn red. When used for a third time, it's removed from the board, revealing other letter cubes behind it. Any cubes directly above a removed cube will fall downward to fill the board.
Double-tap a cube on the board to remove it instead of using it to play.
The game time limit (usually 4 minutes) is displayed at the top of the screen. The clock always shows the time remaining. When the clock reaches 0:00, the game is over. There are no time bonuses in SCRABBLE Cubes, so use up every second!
Swipe a cube left or right to see multiple sides of letter tiles to spell out more words.
- Classic: Classic mode of SCRABBLE Cubes with standard rules and scoring. Word maximum up to 7 letters.
- Rotate: Classic mode rules, but the cube rotates 360 degrees to reveal and select more letters on all sides. Now form words up to 8 letters long.
- Survival: You start with 15 seconds on the clock, and by scoring valid words, additional time gets added. Now form words up to 8 letters long.
- 1-Life Cube: Each letter cube only has 1 life instead of 3. Make sure to carefully plan your word choices. Now form words up to 8 letters long.